It’s Time to Grow Your Law Firm with Real SEO that Drives Quality Google Traffic
We know what it’s like.
You’re ready to take your firm to the next level. All you need is for the phone to start ringing.
And you’ve done everything that you’ve been told to do to raise your site to the top of the search results. You’ve listened to the so-called gurus, and might have even spent big bucks on SEO companies that promised quick results.
But when you look at the search results and see how much better your competitors are doing, all you can do is ask yourself why they’re winning and you’re not.
We get it.
We know what it’s like to know how much better you could be doing with a little more resources, a little more knowledge, a little more time.
That’s why we’re here. And that’s why we want to give you the exact game plan that you need to succeed – free.
If you are willing to invest some time watching a tailor-made audit of your site that you can view at your leisure, we’ll show you what makes Black Fin different.
We’ll show you that we can promise and deliver when we claim that we know what actually moves the needle with SEO for lawyers. Regardless of what you choose to do next, you’ll be left with this recording of our free consultation, including some smart, actionable ideas for growing your business.
The Truth About Law Firm SEO
Attorneys go to law school. Doctors go to medical school. SEO experts just have to create a website and call themselves SEO experts. How can you possibly tell the professionals from the phonies? Is the whole industry as spammy as it seems? Is every SEO “professional” really a used car salesman in a bad suit, just looking to sell at any cost? Unfortunately, there are tens of thousands of bad SEO professionals and hundreds who claim to specialize in legal marketing.
They are doing any one or all of the following:
- Using outdated tactics.
- Violating search marketing guidelines.
- Outsourcing all of their SEO services – and I mean all of them – from strategy to execution.
- Using the same tired SEO plan for every client, no matter what the client’s needs are.
- Cashing your checks without producing results.
Every week at work, I hear a different “SEO expert” horror story from a client. And guess what? I understand why.
I’m not going to lie. SEO is hard. Every part of SEO is hard:
- Staying on top of Google’s algorithm changes.
- Understanding new SEO technology.
- Accurately analyzing results and outcomes.
- Creating affordable and manageable SEO strategies.
- Coming up with better plans than the competition.
- Actually executing those plans.
The truth is that SEO is time-consuming and difficult and baffling. There’s no playbook. There’s no magic bullet. There’s only hard work and smart analysis and sensible innovation.That’s what I’ve learned and that’s what I offer to my clients.
Anyone who tells you different is in a bad suit, trying to sell you a lemon.
What’s Your Law Firm SEO Problem?
- You hired a “Law Firm SEO Guru,” but you simply aren’t seeing any results. Just like with the last “Law Firm SEO Guru” you hired.
- You are extremely busy running a successful, high-pressure law firm and don’t have time to update your website, let alone keep up with the SEO world.
- You’ve delegated SEO and marketing tasks to different members of your staff, but you don’t have an overall winning strategy. You’re constantly playing catch-up with the competition, and you aren’t getting results.
- You are blindly throwing handfuls of money at your website and SEO issues, but it just isn’t helping.
- You’re trying to utilize lawyer SEO tricks that you’ve read about on the web, but you’re not getting traffic; or, worse yet: You’re getting penalized by Google.
- You’ve searched for SEO help on the web, but you aren’t sure who to trust anymore.
- Your website was doing great, but suddenly you’ve been penalized by Google and your traffic and calls have almost stopped completely.
The Black Fin Solution: The Art & Science of Lawyer SEO
I grew up in an entrepreneurial home where good processes and systems were highly valued. I’ve also learned, through my last seven years working in SEO, that there’s also a highly creative, unquantifiable element to search engine success.
I’ve dedicated my career and my company to finding an efficient SEO system for attorneys that produces predictable results. I’ve found that the solution that works – and the solution that continues to work despite changes to the Google algorithm and other evolutions in online marketing – is a blend of art and science. We give our clients logical, time-tested strategies and solutions. But we are also constantly innovating, creating, and experimenting, based on the individual needs of our clients and the changing landscape of SEO.
And although we have a system in place, we aren’t slapping together hamburgers here at Black Fin. We’re optimizing websites thoughtfully and thoroughly. Google is making more than 150 changes to their algorithm per year. New technology is always coming out. Every client has different SEO needs. A better analogy would be that we’re making hamburgers where the lettuce, cheese, pickles, and mustard are all alive and running wild. As crazy as that sounds, we have developed a great process for creating those types of hamburgers. And they taste pretty good.
So, what is that system?
We’ve broken our SEO program into three parts: Month One, Month Two, and Innovative Maintenance.
A successful SEO campaign must start with a strong foundation. The foundation is your website. Your website is where your traffic is directed, where high-quality content lives, and where your clients first connect with you, your firm, and your brand. Our first month is spent optimizing the code and content of your site. This includes:
- Making sure your images are optimized for both SEO and loading speed.
- Fixing all indexing problems.
- Making sure that your title tags and header tags are optimized, but not too similar.
- Ensuring that internal links are set up on all practice areas.
- Checking Google Page Speed insights for areas of opportunity.
- Analyzing and updating your website content.
- And about 45 others things that you don’t need to worry about right now.
The bottom line: We want to make sure that the technical aspects of your website don’t hold back your actual marketing campaigns. We want to quickly solve the most basic, but most vital, issues with your website and make absolutely ensure that:
- Your website looks good and is well organized for users.
- Your website scans well when it comes to search engines.
- Your website loads quickly.
- Your website is filled with useful, optimized high-quality content.
During the second month, our goal is to build the authority of your brand, your website and you, the attorney. Some people still think that SEO is all about stuffing pages with keywords. The truth is that the things we do to your website account for only 30 percent of Google’s algorithm. The remaining 70 percent are things we do off your website.
Here are just ten things that we do to build your authority, on and off the web:
- Write and distribute press releases
- Claim and verify local citations and directory listings
- Set up and manage social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Secure high-end directory links like BOTW.org and Business.com
- Set up website sponsorships
- Secure and publish high-end guest posts (We’ve been featured on Mint.com, BusinessInsider.com and others)
- Write magazine-style article posts (e.g., Examiner.com)
- Create case studies based upon data from Google Consumer Surveys
- Create highly shareable infographics
- Develop scholarships that are pitched to colleges to garner high-quality .edu links
In addition, we make sure that you are up and running correctly on Google+ Local. This online platform for local business is huge. From verifying your listing, to optimization, to cleaning up old citations, to creating new citations, it’s an enormous undertaking – but, it’s essential to SEO success. Not only is Google’s organic algorithm now dependent on Maps, but many of your ideal clients will look for your services using local search.
As we move forward with your website and SEO strategies, we’ll continue to work on all of the projects listed above. Our main goal is the same: Build your authority, both with search engines and within your community. This involves seven different pillars:
- Strong Structure. Make sure that nothing on your site will prevent you from ranking in the future
- High-Quality Content. Optimize for both SEO and conversions
- Trust. Ensure conversion elements are in place
- Thought Leadership. Blog to gain influence, links, and trust
- Authority Development. Link-building and website promotion
- Preeminence. Rank YouTube videos, Facebook, and Yelp profiles in Google
- Social clout. Make sure that your brand is building trust on social media websites
It is vital to understand that “maintenance” doesn’t mean blindly making updates and going along with the same program that you’ve always had. SEO changes every day. Some of these changes are huge. In addition, there is always room for innovation and creativity in SEO. Although we will always focus on the seven general building blocks listed above, our ongoing SEO campaigns are dynamic, ever changing, and forward thinking.
How Long is This Going to Take?
Building a well-optimized website and establishing your law firm as an authority can take time, as does fixing a website that is out of date or that has been “optimized by SEO gurus.” But the truth is, it really depends on the authority of your current web presence and how long you’ve been online.
Generally speaking, it takes about 6-8 months for a brand new website to generate results in Google. Established websites can take 3-5 months to start generating results, depending on the tactics from the last SEO company and how aggressive and thorough your campaign is.
How Much is All of this Going to Cost?
This is one of the many ways that we’re different from the competition. We aren’t going to give you the runaround when it comes to price. We have SEO plans that start at $750 per month and go up to $20,000 per month. Most clients pay about $1,500 per month. We work with law firms of all sizes and will work with you to develop a strategy that fits your budget and your needs.
Learn the Art & Science of Law Firm Search Marketing. Partner with Black Fin.
Here is the Black Fin guarantee:
- We will get to know your law firm, your unique SEO needs, and what makes you different from the competition.
- From Day One, we will take solid, proven actions to make your website optimized and your law firm more successful.
- We will track our success and regularly share our concrete, objective results with you.
- We will continue to be passionate about SEO innovation and the SEO system that we have developed for attorneys over the last 10 years.
- We will be upfront, honest, and straightforward about our services, our prices, and our promises.